I wake up not being able to breath and i

Patient: I wake up not being able to breath and i have to kinda gasp for air and afterward i have a tightness in my chest please help me!

Symptoms: Gasping, tightness in chest

Doctor: HelloWelcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.You seem to be suffering from Bronchitis or Allergic Coug h. Smoking is the main factor behind it. However, it can be allergic too.I would advise in such scenario to get Hemogram with ESR , ECG, Chest Xray and Pulmonary Function TestIf the Chest Xray and these blood investigations show no sign of infection then, you would be treated for Bronchitis. If you have chest congestion, then inhalers containing bronchi dilators like Salbutamol would be required. You might also require short dose of Steriod inhaler like Budenoside.Your doctor will also prescribe you anti-allergic like Levocetrizine for long term.Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.I hope it helps.Stay Healthy