I want a way to feel normal and increase my

Patient : Hello, I am a 17 year old male at the height of 5 ft 7 and a body weight of 108 pounds who has a child-like body frame. I am extremely underweight and have been like this essentially my entire life. At the moment, I can grow pubic hair, armpit hair, and even facial hair especially on my chin. Starting last year, I have felt very put down due to my appearance for my age and I have been taking up weight training and dieting as best as I can to gain some mass. The question I have is if my body frame will increase in size...If I were to even put on some mass, Id still look very skinny due to my narrow shoulders and thin bone structure, very similar to a child's. I just would like to feel normal and not have to feel like all other males are better than myself. Thank you in advance.
Symptoms:  Other than depression which I was diagnosed with long ago, just body image problems.
Doctor :   This question is currently in queue and will be answered shortly by one of our doctors. In the meantime you may browse our library of answered questions by clicking here.

Related Q&A

Q: Can weihht gain supplements have side effects or skin colour damages or heart diseases Can i take this supplement ...

Q: I am always hungry at night. Why? I am vegetarian. These days I am doing a gym workout and eating lot of things......

Q: I am a 25yr old male bodybuilder. I have been doing this since I was 19. I work out 6-7 days a week. My diet consists...

Q: Is it ok to take calcium 500 daily for muscle building(as i used to workout 4 times a week) even though my calcium in...

Q: Hi, I am Ketan Bhagat. I am 28 years old and 57 Kg of weight. I am no physical issue but I want to make my physics b...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon