October 19, 2018

I want to eat but my body wont let me

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I want to eat but my body wont let me

Patient: I feel as if my body is rejecting food. i physically just cant eat. ive recently lost about 20lbs in a little over a month. not even intentionally. every time i try to eat everything just disgusts me. im starving but just cant force anything down.

Symptoms: Headache,nausea, weakness, sore muscles

Doctor: Thank you for your question. We are sorry that you are experiencing difficulties with your appetite. Loss of appetite ca n be caused by infections, emotional stress, or chronic illness such as cancer. You have lost a large amount of weight in the last month which is indeed a cause for concern. This large amount of weight loss is commonly associated with malignancies of the body. We are not mentioning this to alarm you but it is important that you take this fact into consideration and promptly go to your doctor to be evaluated as soon as possible. You have mentioned in your current medications that you are taking Adderall (amphetamine and dextroamphetamine) and this drug is known to suppress moderately suppress appetite. Please follow up with your doctor as soon as possible.Thank you for consulting AskTheDoctor.com

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No