I want to improve my height. i am yet 168cm

Patient: Hello. i have complex about my height. i am 17 , boy and 168cm tall. I want to be taller. Generally, is it possible to grow approximately 10cm. What i have to do? Can swimming and eating well will help me. but mainly,What’s the best way to graw taller? please help me, i want to be tall. Thank you very much in advance!

Symptoms: No

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.Most boys keep growing in height til l they are 18-19. Theoretically growth happens till the ends of bones fuse. This process is complete in most boys by the time they are 19.So you have another 2 years to go, and naturally with a good diet, and good workouts such as chin ups or pull ups, you can gain an additional 2-3 inches (7.5-9 cms).So please do not be worried or have any complex.You can still grow. Just ensure you follow a healthy diet and active lifestyle.Hope this was helpful,Regards.