I want to improve my height. i am yet 168cm

Patient

Q: Hello. i have complex about my height. i am 17 , boy and 168cm tall. I want to be taller. Generally, is it possible to grow approximately 10cm. What i have to do? Can swimming and eating well will help me. but mainly,What's the best way to graw taller? please help me, i want to be tall. Thank you very much in advance!

Symptoms:  No
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Most boys keep growing in height till they are 18-19. Theoretically growth happens till the ends of bones fuse. This process is complete in most boys by the time they are 19.

So you have another 2 years to go, and naturally with a good diet, and good workouts such as chin ups or pull ups, you can gain an additional 2-3 inches (7.5-9 cms).

So please do not be worried or have any complex.
You can still grow. Just ensure you follow a healthy diet and active lifestyle.

Hope this was helpful,
Regards.