I want to improve my height. i am yet 168cm

Patient : Hello. i have complex about my height. i am 17 , boy and 168cm tall. I want to be taller. Generally, is it possible to grow approximately 10cm. What i have to do? Can swimming and eating well will help me. but mainly,What's the best way to graw taller? please help me, i want to be tall. Thank you very much in advance!
Symptoms:  No
Doctor :   Hello, Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com I understand your concern. Most boys keep growing in height til l they are 18-19. Theoretically growth happens till the ends of bones fuse. This process is complete in most boys by the time they are 19. So you have another 2 years to go, and naturally with a good diet, and good workouts such as chin ups or pull ups, you can gain an additional 2-3 inches (7.5-9 cms). So please do not be worried or have any complex. You can still grow. Just ensure you follow a healthy diet and active lifestyle. Hope this was helpful, Regards.

Related Q&A

Q: During and after exercise parts of my skin become become very red and feel very hot. Have you any idea what this coul...

Q: Hey there. I'm a 55 year-old male and I was wondering if my Aortic Arch looks "normal" on this CT Scan? Ext...

Q: I was working out last week doing various squat exercises and ended up squeezing my vagina muscles way more than I sh...

Q: Hi the week before last i started a new job and manage to find a go go pill I took it last wednesday its a insurance...

Q: 83yr old male,6"185 lb,exercises reg,3times a wk for 11/2 hr.Currently treated for hi bld pres with low dose ado...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon