I want to increase my weight more than 10kg , pls advise me

Patient: Dear sir,i am 22 year old man and working as an engineer, my problem is my so slim body my height is 5.9″feet but my weight is 51 kg, its looking so slim. i want to increase my weight more than 10kg and i cant do any thing for this, pls advise me what i should do.

Symptoms: Body fittness

Doctor: Hi,Thank you for writing to Ask The Doctor.To gain weight, you should exercise and eat healthy. Aim to increase the calories that you consume by 500 per day. A healthy diet is one that is balanced and contains Carbohydrates, Proteins and Fat in the ratio 60:40:10. You should try to have the same ratio in every meal.Also, try to have unprocessed food rather than processed food. Unprocessed food are foods like whole grains and fruits unlike processed food like Pasta and Fruit Juice. Also try to exercise 30 mins at a time, 3 times a week. Aim to gain 1 kg per week. If you are not able to gain weight, talk to your Doctor.All the best.