Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I want to know  at 45yrs can i have a child or not?

I want to know  at 45yrs can i have a child or not?

Patient: I m 45 years old . I have one girl child and i want to have one more child . My all tests are fully OK. I want to know my problem

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.If you are having regular ovulatory cycles, plan unprotected i ntercourse around the time of ovulation which will increase the possibility.If you are having irregular menstrual cycles, the cause to be evaluated.Please check for AMH levels to know the ovarian reserve and go for hysterosalpingpgraphy to check the patency of fallopian tubes.Checking your husband’s semen analysis is also advisable.Artificial reproductive methods can help in achieving pregnancy if needed.Take care.