I want to know if I have an std

Patient : I want to know if I have an std and if so what kind based on photo?
I want to know if I have an...-1
Doctor :   Hello Thank you posting your query on “Ask the Doctor” I have seen the photograph. It appears to be macular rash on h on the glans penis. It could be fungal rash or rash of contact dermatitis. The actual rash appears underneath your foreskin on the glans, and the red areas appear to be either due to a skin fungus caused by yeast, or from friction from rubbing associated with inadequate lubrication during sex or masturbation. Contact dermatitis is a local reaction to foreign particles due to contact of any new material, cloths, soap, lubricants and condom which is not accepted by your body. Sometimes certain food items and perfumes may also develop allergy. A fungal skin infection is red, round and itchy. A fungal skin infection is contagious disease caused by direct contact like unprotected sex or through fomites. A fungal skin infection of the body can be spread on towels, clothing, or equipment. Personal hygiene plays important role in preventing self from such infections. Well, the rash may subside itself. Avoiding allergens is a key to protect ourselves from getting such rash. For proper diagnosis along with physical examination, detailed sexual history and certain blood tests are required. If you have contracted this thing due to sex, it is a sexually transmitted disease. You may require doctor’s consultation if rash persists or reappears. Wish you a good health.

Related Q&A

Q: Wanting advice on whether I have an STI. Near the opening of my penis on one side there is a raised bump that is not ...

Q: Hi , I'm in a long distance relationship with my partner who was just tested for std's for the first time. After the ...

Q: I've one wart on my anus, but I've been in a monogamous relationship for > 20 yrs. Neither of us has ever had geni...

Q: Around rim of my penis head is red

Q: I'm 26 165 lbs fit, uncircumcised and I have some redness that's tingly on the head of my penis. Could it be STD rela...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon