I want to know if I need to lose weight?

Q: Hi I am a 17 year old male I weight 80kg I am 6"2 my waist is 85cm my waist is 100cm my thigh is 60cm I have love handles and my butt I's very squishy and fat am I over weight , healthy or obese

Symptoms:  I feel fat
I want to know if I need to...-1 I want to know if I need to...-2

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

According to your BMI, you are not overweight and it is ok to be your weight. Your BMI is roughly 22.6 and this is considered normal.

But I still advise that you exercise regularly at least 30 mins daily and have a balanced diet. A balanced diet is one where you have Carbs, Proteins and Fats in the ratio 50:40:10.

Also, to lose weight or build into a slimmer physique, you may want to increase your protein intake but reduce your carb intake by a little bit. Ensure that you are working out to increase the muscle mass. Hope this helps you. All the best.