October 21, 2018

I want to know what the health risks are for pregnant mother

Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I want to know what the health risks are for pregnant mother

Patient: I want to know what the health risks are for a pregnant mother with a severe pituitary tumor-prolactinoma, if she already has headaches and no menstrual cycle.

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.If the mother is already pregnant, she is unlikely to have any menstrual periods. Thus, that would not cause a problem to her.A Gynecologist will be able to answer this question best after examining the mother. But a Prolactinoma can increase the levels of prolactin hormone in the body. This may lead to some disorders.You should see a Gynecologist as soon as possible and get treated. I hope this helps you. All the best.

Was this answer helpful?
Yes
No