Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I want to marry my second cousin Will their be

I want to marry my second cousin Will their be

Patient: I want to marry my second cousin. Will their be any kind of genetic problem for our kids..

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your medical query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.We all have some minor gene tic defects which are in the recessive stage, however, since family members share same type of genes, if they marry each other, they tend to express themselves in the future generation. Provided, there is no genetic defects in both of you, the chances of future generation being abnormal is lesser.Hope this was helpful,Regards