I want to prove I did not give an STD to my Partner


Q: Recently, last Saturday evening, my partner and I had intercourse for the first time. Days before this, I had fluid tested by a pap smear, and tested negative for all vaginal diseases. Almost a week later after intercourse, he sends me a picture of a small red bump on the shaft area of his penis. He's scared that he may have caught something from me. What do I tell him? I've done everything from taking a rapid HIV test and sending him a photocopy of the results for that and my Pap test.

Symptoms:  Painful small bump on the shaft of my other half's penis.

A:   Hi,
Thanks for the query.

I understand your concern.
As you have tested negative for all vaginal diseases few days before the intercourse, the possibility of transmission of infection from you is less.
Possibly after seeing your reports he may understand this.
Apart from intercourse some type of genital infections can be acquired by skin to skin contact, sharing toilets etc. So, there is possibility that he might have acquired infection from other persons also.
Better to use a barrier method of contraception till he completes his treatment.

Take care.

Related Q&A

Q: I'm 26 165 lbs fit, uncircumcised and I have some redness that's tingly on the head of my penis. Could it be STD rela...

Q: Hello. I am recently divorced and looking to date again. I also get cold sores (HSV1). My husband was also my first ...

Q: I had unprotected oral and protected vaginal sex with a sex worker. I had unprotected vaginal sex with my wife ( who...

Q: Hi, I have a friend who is claiming that she received a series of infections after we (accidentally) had unprotected ...

Q: I have blisters on the shaft of my penis? I have had a sti check after the last time I had sex and I had chalmidea bu...


Dr. James Obaji M.D.

  • 247 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Suneel Sharman M.D.

  • 190 Reviews
  • Family Physician

Dr. Pat Golden M.D.

  • 169 Reviews
  • Cardiologist

Dr. Kunaal Jindal M.D.

  • 112 Reviews
  • Plastic Surgeon