Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I want to start by saying this is very difficult

I want to start by saying this is very difficult

Patient: I want to start by saying this is very difficult to say and I know it may sound crazy but I’m worried about it. 3 days ago I engaged in oral sex with a man. He ejaculated in my hand and I used water and a towel on my hand after this. I went to the bathroom shortly after. Is there any chance that I could have become pregnant if my hand that came in contact with the semen touched my vaginal area? I feel like I am having symptoms of pregnancy but it may just be me being paranoid.

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query,It is to be understood that the sperm can survive in a delicate balance of conducive environement and better in an alkaline vaginal environment. any contact with outside fomites or water or drying can render them immotile and ineffective so in your case the chances of sperms spreading to vagina and then uterus following accidental smear over vagina is a fairly remote possibility but nevertheless if you happen to miss your periods by more than 7 days, you may get a pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy in that case. The symptoms that you are experiencing could might as well be the of premenstrual syndrome which can mimic early pregnancy symptoms in absence pf pregnancy.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards