Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I want to start using a cock ring Are they

I want to start using a cock ring Are they

Patient: I want to start using a cock ring. Are they a u risks?

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query.Cock rings are used to maintain an erection by making the blood flow sluggish over the penis. They can be used with a medical prescription on examination by a doctor.The side effects include gangrene, severe tightening felt over the scrotum, painful erections if worn inappropriately. Also pubic hair entanglement with the ring is a possibility. It should be used cautiously when you are on blood thinning agents like aspirin, cardiovascular disease and high blood pressure. See the doctor immediately if you feel numbness or excessive pain over the area after removal or on wearing it.Hope this helped.Regards