I wanted to ask something regarding my mother She's 43

Q: I wanted to ask something regarding my mother. She's 43 years of age. She also suffers from migraine. Last week, she suffered from a very very bad headache with symptoms of dizziness, neck pain, loss of appetite, she was also unable to move or walk around she wasn't that strong enough she was also having irregular periods (she had a second period in a month just after 5 days of first period). I looked up the symptoms and they indicated towards brain aneurysm. Could it be true? Or is it just another migraine attack? I would be eternally grateful if you advise me as I am very scared.

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

Both an aneurysm and a migraine can cause the symptoms you are talking about. You should get your mother to see a Doctor. The Doctor may advise her a CT and an MRI. This will help to reach a diagnosis and rule out the aneurysm.

If she has a migraine, she may benefit by taking tablet Paracetamol. If this does not help, see a Doctor to get stronger medication.

All the best.