I wanted to get rid of my acne

Patient

Q: I wanted to get rid of my acne so I thought I would try a home remedy. I put lemon juice all over my face then put baking soda on for extra cleanse. I then got some white tooth paste and mixed it in around my whole face even though it burned. Then I went to sleep for 30 minutes. I awoke with my face burning I couldn't stand it any longer. It felt as if my face was being burned by acid. Then my doorbell rang because my parents were home. I let them in then rushed to the restroom and scrubbed it all off of my face. My face was red and a little stolen it had white spots as if it had been bleached a little. I went to bed with my face still slightly burning but somewhat better. As I was sitting in bed I heard my doorbell ring. I went to go see but I realized it was really quiet and was not coming from the doorbell. It took me a second or two to figure out it was in my head. It has been going over and over like a broken record for the past hour and I can't sleep. Please let me know what it is and how I can stop the sound so I can sleep. Thank you

Doctor

A:   Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

We are here to help you on this medical platform.
If you are suffering from Migraine Headaches, you should be started on medicines for the prophylaxis of migraine.
If you are on Migraine prophylaxis, slowly, your severity and frequency of attacks would reduce and a time will come, when you will have almost no attacks.
Let me brief you about the pattern of Migraine headaches.
Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia and phonophobia. So, if you have these symptoms then probably you have Migraine.
A Neurological Examination, fundus examination are must to rule out any other Neurological problem which might also require Neuroimaging.
For Migraine prophylaxis drugs like Flunarizine, Propanolol, Amitriptyline are used.
Share my opinion with your doctor and get treated.
Get Well Soon.

Good Luck.
Stay Healthy