I was 10 days late for my period, and when

Patient : I was 10 days late for my period, and when I got it I only bled for a few minutes. and I only bleed for a few minutes everyday for the past 3 or so days. what does this mean? was I prenant and had a miscarriage? or is this normal?
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. If you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovula tion, there is a possibility of pregnancy. Urine pregnancy test can help you in finding out the possibility of pregnancy. If test gives a positive result, better to go for an ultrasound to rule out the possibility of miscarriage. If test gives a negative result, there is a possibility of hypomenorrhea. Scanty flow during periods is called as hypomenorrhea. It can occur due to many causes like gonadal hormonal imbalance due to like polycystic ovary disease, stress and strain, weight changes etc, thyroid abnormalities, prolactin level abnormalities, general conditions like anemia and deficiency of other nutrients, diabetes etc. If scanty flow persists, you may need evaluation. Take care