I was 3 days late, then experienced a brown discharge

Patient

Q: I was 3 days late, then experienced a brown discharge and some blood only when I wiped. As of yesterday (7th day after I was supposed to start my time of the month) I started a weird red watery flow the clear liquid fills my pad more then anything. Could I be pregnant?

Doctor

Thanks of the query.

If your menses have not resumed in a manner as expected and you have been experiencing scanty mucous mixed discharge and already late by a week, it is pertinent that you should get a urine pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy first.
If negative then you should undergo an ultrasound pelvis and a per speculum exam with your Physician to rule out any local or uterine causes of bleeding.

Hope this helps.