August 17, 2018

Ask The Doctor > Pending > I was a competitive gymnast for about 9 years and

I was a competitive gymnast for about 9 years and

Patient: I was a competitive gymnast for about 9 years and ended my career being a provincial tumbler 3 years ago now. I’ve been having very bad back pain since I was 13 I am now 20. I’ve taken 3 years of rest just walking and stretching not much activity but now it’s to the point where walking is too much sometimes. Stretching is excruciating and it’s scary because doctors don’t take me seriously but there’s something going on. 4 or5 years ago I was diagnosed with T12-L1 L1-L2 bulging discs but didn’t take any rest time. Now I am extremely limited and this is very frustrating. I get pains down my legs sometimes just when sitting walking or even laying

Doctor: