I was asked, “Have you had intercourse as a child?” during a Pap test. Why?

Patient: Hello,I’m 25 years old and I had my first Pap test done today and while the doctor was doing it, she asked a disturbing question. She asked me if I’ve had intercourse as a child, and and to my knowledge I have not. I lost my virginity at 17 and I told her at 17 I had intercourse and she said no that’s not a child. After the test was over she asked me if I had any questions and although I wanted to ask her why she would ask me that question, I didn’t I just wanted to get out of there. So I was wondering what your opinions are as to why she would think that I had intercourse as a child? On the way out of the doctor’s office I was thinking whether if I was sexually abused as a child or not but I don’t recall any of this. I haven’t been sexually active for 3 or 4 years and I don’t know what she saw in there that would make her ask me this question. What do you think?

Symptoms: Vaginal bleeding, spotting, discharge between periods, lengthy periods that last over a week that make me feel dizzy and tired

Doctor: