I was born with 1 kidney and have been having symptoms of kidney disease

Q: I was born with 1 kidney and have been having symptoms ( according to online) to kidney failure. I am extremely lethargic ( I never feel rested), have heart palpitations that I thought were attributed to stress, and I have huge weight fluctuations. I also have 2 uterus's and cervix's. I read this can sometimes go hand in hand. I didn't know until I had my daughter 10 years ago and was told not to worry. I have never had this "checked out" or had an issue except for when I had a sever case of preeclampsia before I knew I had 1 kidney. Is this something I should get checked out or am I being paranoid?

A:   Hello
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

Only one well-functioning kidney is enough for people to live.
I don't feel your symptoms are because of Renal Failure. You should keep your BP under strict control and you should never take any pain killers.
However, it is not at all a bad idea to get evaluated for the various causes that can cause lethargy and tiredness.
Get following tests done:
1. Hemogram
2. Kidney Function tests
3. Thyroid profile
4. ECG
If any issue is found, you will be treated for that.
Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy