Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was days late for my period then got brownish.

I was days late for my period then got brownish.

Patient: I was days late for my period then got brownish pinky spotting for a day, a couple days after that bleeding with clots for the day yesterday and nothing today but I have nausia. I have been having unprotected sex

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.Irregular menstrual cycles can occur due to many causes.As you are having history of unprotected intercourse, there is possibility of pregnancy.To come to one conclusion, please go for urine pregnancy test once.If the test gives positive result, there is possibility of pregnancy and miscarriage.If nausea persists and passage of clots recurs, better to consult your doctor once, get examined and go for ultrasound to rule out the possibility of retained products of conception.Take care.