I was diagnosed as being allergic to shellfish when I

Patient : I was diagnosed as being allergic to shellfish when I was 6 after eating shrimp and crab for years. Since then I haven't eaten any and have been very careful. I am now 23 and lately have been around a lot of seafood and even tried some crab meat and shrimp, but nothing happened. Am I not allergic anymore?
Doctor :   Thank you for writing to us. A minimum amount of crab or shellfish need to be taken for the allergic reaction to occ ur. You may not have had the requisite amount. Also, as you continue to take the crab or shellfish, you become more and more sentitised to the crab or shellfish and less amount is needed to cause an allergic reaction. I think you should see a Doctor to get a skin prick test done to confirm the allergy. If the skin prick is negative, then go ahead and enjoy the Shellfish and crab! Hope this helps you.