I was diagnosed with a stress fracture on my 4th

Q: I was diagnosed with a stress fracture on my 4th metatarsal last week. Is there anything besides the walking boot to help it heal? The walking boot is causing significant pain in my hip and back?

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern.

You have fracture of 4th metatarsal. Treatment of it is rest to foot,analgesic and calcium supplements. You are using boot. Instead of boot you can use crepe bandage or plaster cast whichever is suitable for you.

If you don't want to use any support then you can avoid walking ( weight bearing). Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.