Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was diagnosed with an anal fissure and I have

I was diagnosed with an anal fissure and I have

Patient: I was diagnosed with an anal fissure and I have non-stop discharge from my anus. It’s a bloody mucus. How do I control it? My doctor prescribed me diltiazem to be and I just started using it yesterday.

Symptoms: Bloody-mucus discharge, anal pain

Doctor: Hi.Read and understood your history of anal fissure and non-stop discharge of mucus from the anus.From your histor y, it looks that you started with entero-colitis and that caused the fissure as is usually the case is.I would advise you the following:A course of an antibiotic and metronidazole, probiotics, activated charcoal tablets, PPI should get control of the enterocolitis.Anal fissure will automatically get healed.Have Sitz bathSoft bland dietI hope this will help you to get a cure, get a prescription from your local Doctor and get properly treated.