I was diagnosed with asthma and prescribed Teva-Salbutamol f

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with asthma and prescribed Teva-Salbutamol for the first time yesterday. I was told to take two puffs four times a day for the next couple of days, then after that to take it as needed, but I feel like I need it more often. Every sort of documentation I can find says to take no more than 8 puffs per day. Am I going to make myself worse by taking it when I need it if I need it more than 8 times a day? Most of what I've found has said to contact my doctor, but that isn't really an option for me as I don't have a family doctor or anything like that.

Doctor