I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday, my cough has been

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with bronchitis yesterday, my cough has been going over two weeks so far. Today I have been having dizzy spells and am now forced to lure down because it has gotten so bad. Do I need to go to the ER and what is the concern/correlation with bronchitis and dizziness? My oxygen was at 98 yesterday.

Symptoms:  Cough (bronchitis) and dizziness
Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Read and understood that an young female has got a problem of coughing for 2 weeks and now has dizziness. You are already under the treatment with Levothyroxine, citalopram, bupropion, NuvaRing.
You were diagnosed to have Bronchitis when SPO2 was 98 yesterday.

But started with dizziness today and want to know the reasons which may be:
- Bronchitis itself causes hindrance to the airflow to the lungs.
The level of the oxygen that is absorbed by the lungs is reduced and can give you this type of feeling as the brain also gets the less oxygen.
- Secondly, there has to be infection and inflammation of the whole respiratory tract which involves the ears too.
The inflammation of the balancing apparatus of the internal ear can give the similar dizziness.
- Some medicines by virtue of its action of sedation also can give the similar problems.

I hope these points help you to understand.