I was diagnosed with LPR (silent acid reflux

Q: Hi
I was diagnosed with LPR (silent acid reflux )last June and have tried all sorts of pills nexum being the last but I stopped taking it as the symptoms were no better and at times worse
So I've done some reading and found that low acid has the same symptoms so I asked a doctor and he didn't think it was the case
But I got hold of some hcl betaine and started with that and slowly increased the dose to 12 pills after a feed and still didn't feel any burning sensation

As no one will talk to me about low acid I was hoping you can help

Thanks Tass