I was diagnosed with oschood schlatter disease in both knees

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with oschood schlatter disease in both knees at the age of 12
Two weeks ago I have been diagnosed with 3rd degree lateral meniscus tear in my right knee.
I started taking physiotherapy.
Is physiotherapy sufficient in this case or do I need a surgery?
Will my knee be back to normal ?
Thanks in advance

Doctor

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Physiotherapy is sufficient if you have no symptoms except pain. If you have frequent locking of your knee then you will need arthroscopic surgery to repair/ remove it. You knee will be pain-free but it may not be possible to restore absolutely normal meniscus as these are difficult to heal.
Hope your query got answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care.