I was diagnosed with PCOS nearly ten years ago For

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with PCOS nearly ten years ago. For the last few months I have had lower abdominal and pelvic pain that comes and goes but seems to be getting worse. It hurts when I use the bathroom now and seems to hurt when I sit in certain positions. Intercourse is painful as well. Should I be worried? What could be happening?

Doctor

There could be a possibility of endometriotic cysts, cervical fibroid or even a uterine prolapse that can present with similar symptoms. Rarely, an ovarian torsion may also produce acute pain. We may also have to rule out urinary tract infections, pelvic inflammatory disorders and local factors in the cervix and lower genital tract. Kindly consider consulting a gynecologist for an examination and an ultrasound if needed.

Hope this helped.