I was diagnosed with pulmonary edema after having symptoms for

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed with pulmonary edema after having symptoms for almost 3 weeks. If I had seen a doctor sooner would I prevented this?

Doctor

Pulmonary edema can happen acutely over just a weeks time and can only get diagnosed when it is a little late. However, in cases like lung infections, long-standing increased hemodynamic overload, heart failures, etc, the condition can be suspected earlier as a complication of the underlying disease and can be treated or prevented.
It could have been prevented if you had seen the doctor earlier. However, it depends on the condition and the severity of the disease.
Wish you a speedy recovery.

Hope this helped.