Ask The Doctor > Pending > I was diagnosed with Shingles on Sunday Have barely a

I was diagnosed with Shingles on Sunday Have barely a

Patient: I was diagnosed with Shingles on Sunday. Have barely a sore that started out as a small cluster of blisters on my right buttocks. A mosquito-looking bite on my left. Lots of pain/tingling/numbing on the entire left side of my body, especially in my left groin area. I first noticed the blisters after tanning. I have a bumpy red area in my throat and an itchy left eye. A second dr told me it is probably genital herpes and swabbed the area. Results in 1-2 weeks. I have been taking Famvir since Sunday. Anyway, these were e.r. drs and seemed in too much of a hurry to answer my questions. I’ve been in a monogamous relationship for 3 years and neither my boyfriend or I have ever had any symptoms such as these. What does it sound like to you?

Symptoms: Pain, tingling, numbing, itching

Doctor: