I was diagnosed yesterday with shingles on the right side of my head.

Patient

Q: I was diagnosed yesterday with shingles on the right side of my head. They are on me in the following places: right cheek, right side of neck, right side of my forehead, and the right side of my scalp from the hair line on the forehead to the hair line on my neck. What to I do for my head? The ones in my hair hurt and Itch the most. Please help me.

Doctor

A:   Thanks for your query on ATD. Shingles may take about 7-10 days to heal. Pain & itching may last longer . Pl complete your treatment & be regular in follow up sessions.
Get well soon.