I was diagnost with balanitis a week ago and im

Patient : I was diagnost with balanitis a week ago and im on my last day of antibiotics. The swelling and redness went down during teh seven day period and i no longer have the painor the sensitivity i had last week but it is still a bit swollen , id say the swelling went down 80-90%. But is it normal that its still a bit swollen ? Will it go away in a bit more time
Doctor :   Hi. Read and understood your history of balanitis and undergoing treatment with antibiotics. Ideally you should hav e been absolutely fine within 3 to 5 days. May I please suggest a few more point that may help you to get a permanent cure and full recovery. Please see that your sex partner also gets investigated and treated well. The effective treatment is as follows: Clean the area with plain water 2 to 4 times a day and and keep it dry with a pure cotton cloth or a dryer. you may apply liquid Povidone Iodine locally or a Metronidazole cream- nothing else at all. We have seen no results with any other solution, cream or ointment. So do not try anything else; if you are using any, please stop it. A course of antibiotic ( you are already under a good antibiotic) and metronidazole orally for 5 to 7 days and a single dose of oral anti-fungal tablet should help you to get a cure. Please get your Blood Sugar checked on a safer side as balanitis can be the first indication that you are suffering from diabetes. Hope this helps you.