I was doing a self exam a few days ago

Q: I was doing a self exam a few days ago an I noticed that I had a bruise the size of a 50 cent piece on my chest right next to my nipple, the bruise is on the inside an they are on each side same size. Never had this happen before I am concerned about it. Please can you tell me what is going on.

I was doing a self exam a f...-1

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query and the picture.

Read and understood our concerns about the bruises noted on the breast .
The probable causes are:
-Fat necrosis.
- Pinching by any means, advertently or inadvertently.
-Can be a problem underneath like an inflammatory mass or so.

I would advise you the following:
Consult a General Surgeon to see, palpate and examine the axillae and other areas, order for ultrasonography and Mammogram.
This will give us an idea as to the cause of it, so that the a proper treatment is instituted if required.
Further tests as may be required.

I hope this answer helps