I was dragged by a dog on my chest

Patient

Q: I was dragged by a dog on my chest. I feel pain on the right side of chest

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor. We are here to help you.

First of all if you got any scratch or you got a dog bite, you need to get rabies vaccination done as soon as possible. In case you were just dragged with no physical exposure to the dogs, then you just need a tetanus shot.

It seems you have developed Acute Muscular Pain following the dragging.

If the pain is severe then a Chest X-ray is indicated to rule out any evidence of ribs fracture, otherwise you just need treatment for muscular pain.

For acute muscular pain I advise following:
1. Diclofenac and Thiocolchicoside combination which are act as pain killer and muscle relaxant.
2. To do hot fomentation of the affected area.
3. To apply gel containing Menthol, Diclofenac locally.
4. To get physiotherapy done particularly Ultrasonic heat massage.
Your pain should start getting better in 5 days.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps. If you have any further questions you may please ask me.

Stay Healthy