I was hurt and had a SLAP lesion in 2002.

Q: I was hurt and had a SLAP lesion in 2002. I had severe bicep pain and no AC joint pain or issues. Last year I was hurt working for a large agriculture company and my AC joint is pushed out of place. Are these two injuries in the same category? The insurance company is stating it was a pre-existing injury. But the Doctors notes clearly state in AC pain is present. Is there any references I can look up that will indicate these are two separate parts of the body? I've been off work and have had more than three cortisone shots. I've been on Tramadol and hydrocodone for 10 months waiting their authorization. I just want the AC joint fixed. I tend to sleep on the injured side and when I wake up I have to use the other arm to cradle my elbow as I can't move it due to the extensive pain. Can you help?? Thank you

A:   Hello
Thanks for posting your query at ATD. I have gone through your question in detail and understand your concern.
A SLAP tear or lesion occurs when there is damage to the superior (uppermost) area of the labrum.
Acromioclaviclar (AC) joint separateion is totally separate issues. These are totally seperate issues. There are references everywhere easily available. Hope your query get answered.
Wishing you a good health.
Take care.