I was in a bike accident yesterday and broke my

Q: I was in a bike accident yesterday and broke my fall on my elbow and wrist. My wrist is extremely sore. My elbow is bruised and bloody. I can move my fingers & rotate my wrist but it's painful. When I press my hand down forward and back it hurts. The round bone that sticks out on my wrist & the area around it's where I am experiencing the most pain. I have not seen a doctor bc I think it's just sprained? Should I go see someone? How long til it will heal if it's just an extreme sprain? Thanks!

A:   Thank you for writing to us.

I believe that you have a sprain. Sprains are healed easily and quickly by using the RICE regimen of treatment. RICE stands for:
Rest the area and avoid further injury.
Ice the area for 15 mins every hour
Compress the area to reduce the swelling
Elevate the area to allow blood flow back to the heart

If you are not better in 5 days, please see a Doctor.

Hope this helps you.

Patient: Okay. Thank you for answering.