Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was involved in a car accident about three weeks

I was involved in a car accident about three weeks

Patient: I was involved in a car accident about three weeks ago. I have been going to the chiropractor. Recently I began to feel mainly the right side of my body fall asleep and it feels like pins/needles from time to time, but my body is not in pain

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have a swelling of the nerve roots. This swelling has blocked the suppl y to part of your body. This is the most likely cause. Another cause can be a granulomatous lesion in the brain which is compressing certain nerves and causing the symptoms.See a Doctor to get a CT and an MRI to evaluate. Getting a neurological exam will also help.Hope this helps you. All the best.