I was just told that I have a 49% blockage

Patient

Q: I was just told that I have a 49% blockage on right side of neck and left side is 9% block. Dr wants me to have a carotid scan. What does this mean. I am 69years old

Doctor

A:   Hello.
Welcome to Ask The Doctor.

You seem to be having Carotid Artery stenosis/blockage. Now, it is very important to evaluate and treat it as it can cause Stroke.
I would advise you in such scenario, to get Carotid Artery Doppler done, which will tell how much blockage is there and what all treatment is indicated.
Is there any surgical intervention required or it will be treated on medical line of management.
Share my opinion with your doctor.

I hope it helps.
Stay Healthy