Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was just wondering if I had sex yesterday and

I was just wondering if I had sex yesterday and

Patient: I was just wondering if I had sex yesterday and had my implant out would I get pregnant

Doctor: Hello,Thanks for the query to ATD for an opinion,The fact that after an implant removal, once its efficacy is ov er, ovulation generally takes 1-2 months to restart. Also if the withdrawal bleed has not started in form of menses and you have had sex before the withdrawal bleed has set in , then it simply indicates that there had been no ovulation in this very cycle and hence no chance of fertilization and further pregnancy. So you should be assured that the chances of pregnancy after your sexual encounter recently are minimal.I hope I have answered your query in detail,Wishing you good health,Regards