I was married for 5 yrs I don't have babies

Q: I was married for 5 yrs. I don't have babies. I last had period on 20/5/2015. doctor asked me to tale primolute N from 3/5/2015 and ovarfin from 2nd day of period. I have mistakenly taken ovarfin from 28/5/2015 for 5 days.
Can I take primoulte & ovarfin as prescribed or should I consult the doctor again?

A:   Hi,

Ovarfin contains clomiphe citrate which helps in ovulation induction.
It has to be taken from 2nd or 3rd day of the menstrual cycle to induce ovarian follicular development.
But as you have taken the tablet from 8th day of the cycle, it may not have good effect on follicle development now.
Better to go for follicular study by ultrasound from 13th day of the cycle.
If follicle development is good you can follow up with follicular study to observe ovulation and you can take primolut n tablet as advised by your doctor after ovulation.
Primulot N contains progesterone, it helps in implantation in continuation of pregnancy.

Take care.

Patient: thank you very much for the reply. I started primolute N on 4/5 and thought of taking ovafin again, after period starts. Is it ok? will it give the effect the doctor is expecting?