I was on depo for 6 months through out those

Patient : I was on depo for 6 months through out those 6 months i've bled twice. One in novemeber for a week or so & also in march but i've been bleeding ever since i stopped it actually the bleeding started while on it but towards the end of the 2nd shot. I was due for my third shot on march 18th but instead on the 26th i got on the nexplanon implant. My question is, since i'm bleeding am i protected ? I'm confused if this prolonged bleeding is my period or just regular vaginal bleeding...? Also i had unprotected saturday the 28th but my doctor told me i should be protected since i was on depo even though i missed my 3rd shot i know depo lingers in your system. I've been really nauseous lately but i'm guessing it's from the implant ? I've had it in for 8 days now & i'm still bleeding from the depo.
Doctor :   Hi, Thanks for the query. I understand your concern. As you didn't start the contraception on schedule time and as there was hormonal absence period for around eight days, the possibility of pregnancy cannot be completely ruled out. Though some amount of progesterone may present in the system, that may not be sufficient enough to give contraceptive effect. But usually Implantation is difficult on shedding endometrium, so at present we cannot come to a conclusion regarding pregnancy. Now, please consult your doctor and take antifibrinolytic drugs or an additional dose of hormones to control the bleeding. Then better to go for urine pregnancy test three weeks after the intercourse to rule out the possibility of pregnancy. Take care