Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 months, and

I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 months, and

Patient: I was on Lo Loestrin Fe for 2 months, and in that time my period stopped. Now I’ve been off of it for 4 weeks, and i still haven’t gotten my period. I’m very worried,

Symptoms: No menstrual cycle

Doctor: Hi,Thanks for the query.I understand your concern.After stopping by birth control pills it will take some tim e for regularization periods.That period may vary from person to person. As you didn’t use contraception during this one month, better to rule out the possibility of pregnancy.So, please go for urine pregnancy test once. If test gives negative result, consult your doctor and take tablets to induce withdrawal bleeding.After that possibly your cycles may regularize in next months.Take care