Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was out drinking last night My period had just stopped

I was out drinking last night My period had just stopped

Patient: I was out drinking last night. My period had just stopped. I had sex with my partner. Now when I go poo it come out like liquid and really dark. It hurts when it comes out to.

Doctor: Hello,Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.comI understand your concern.You seem to be suffering from alcoho l-induced gastritis which presents with bleeding during defecation.You need to start taking Syrup. Sucralfate 2 teaspoons 3 times daily before meals till the bleeding subsides. A proton pump inhibitor like Cap. Omeprazole 20 mg once daily before breakfast is also recommended for about a week’s time.You should avoid any further alcohol and spicy food. All these can aggravate further bleeding from the ulcerated mucosa.Please be careful in the future as alcohol-induced gastritis can be really serious with a lot of bleeding in the stool, leading to weakness and anemia.Hope this was helpful.Regards.