Ask The Doctor > Pending > I was overexercising with severe osteoporosis in feet and fr

I was overexercising with severe osteoporosis in feet and fr

Patient: I was overexercising with severe osteoporosis in feet and fractured some bones. Now on Boniva and told to wear boot and walk less than 100 ft, limit driving, and sit with feet above heart with no other exercise but alternated foot baths with some minor movements. Since I have had surgery in my ankle (with screws and plates) within the past year, I was laid up for a long time and was finally starting to feel better by exercising. How can I heal but also avoid loss of muscle? I need to be more active (as I am 70 yr old and don’t want to deteriorate).

Doctor: