Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was playing basketball and went for a dunk and

I was playing basketball and went for a dunk and

Patient: I was playing basketball and went for a dunk and out of no where I can’t breathe my left back side is in pain and it’s hard to get up idn if it’s a muscle tissue turn or what

Doctor: Thank you for writing to us.I think that you have a muscle strain. The muscle strain is causing the pain that you ar e feeling. This pain occurs because of swelling locally in the area. You can treat it by trying RICE:Rest the area – stop basketball if possibleIce the area for 15 mins every hourMassage the areaElevating the is not possible but you can try lying on your stomach while sleepingAlso, take tablet Paracetamol 3 times a day for the swelling. Hope this helps you.