I was playing soccer and my wrist was bent inwards

Q: I was playing soccer and my wrist was bent inwards (Palm facing the wrist) severely. It initially hurt a lot and felt cold but overtime it got better. I can move all my fingers and rotate the wrist, but I cannot support any weight (e.g. Carrying a light bag hurts). There is no swelling and no bruising. The pain is the worst at the inside bone (near the thumb side) about an inch from the actual part where the wrist bends. Help!

A:   Hello
Thank you for posting your query on ATD.

I have gone through your query and understand your concern. It is likely to be soft tissue injury most probably tendinitis. Rest and analgesic such as ibuprofen is its treatment. Sometimes local application of triamcinolone injection is required and very effective in relieving pain. Hope your query get answered.

Wishing you a good health.
Take care