I was prescribed 500 mg of amoxicillin 3 times a

Patient

Q: I was prescribed 500 mg of amoxicillin 3 times a day for 7 days for an infection in my tooth. Before starting the round of amoxicillin I came down with a severe sore throat and body aches, which I believe is strep (same symptoms I have seen before, not diagnosed in this instance) I started taking the originally perscribed antibiotics soon after the sore throat presented.

Do I need to go to a doctor for an additional prescription to treat the sore throat (most likely strep) or will my current prescription suffice?

Doctor