I was prescribed amoxicillian and cluvanate for strep throat

Patient

Q: I was prescribed amoxicillian and cluvanate for strep throat it has never bothered me before yesterday I took it and with in 20 min I got sever stomach cramps, my skin felt like fire and was itching my tongue itched and felt like I couldn't breath i was dizzy and it was awful was it becasue of the antibiotic

Symptoms:  Dizzy, stomach cramps skin on fire and itching
Doctor

Thank you for your query at AskTheDoctor.com

Well, it does sound like a bad reaction to the drug, but you never reacted like this before to Augmentin, so it is difficult to explain.
However, you should take Tab. Claritin 10 mg once daily for 3 days, for relief.

Hope this was helpful,