Ask The Doctor > Questions & Answers > I was prescribed Cefdinir 300 mg and 800 mg ibuprofen

I was prescribed Cefdinir 300 mg and 800 mg ibuprofen

Patient: I was prescribed Cefdinir 300 mg and 800 mg ibuprofen for bacterial sinusitis? I have taken my second dose and have to work on Monday. When will I begin to feel better and throat pain under control?

Doctor: Hi.Thanks for your query.Great to know that you are already taking Cefdinir and Ibuprofen.If both the medicine s start working well, you may get relief within a few days, maybe by Monday.Bacterial sinusitis can sometimes take more time as it is a ‘close-cavity’ infection.Do not worry, also take nasal decongestant drops 6 hourly to start with to be gradually reduced over time followed by steam inhalations. Also take multivitamins, PPI like Pantoprazole.Hope for the best.