I was prescribed Cefdinir 300 mg and 800 mg ibuprofen

Patient

Q: I was prescribed Cefdinir 300 mg and 800 mg ibuprofen for bacterial sinusitis? I have taken my second dose and have to work on Monday. When will I begin to feel better and throat pain under control?

Doctor

A:   Hi.
Thanks for your query.

Great to know that you are already taking Cefdinir and Ibuprofen.
If both the medicines start working well, you may get relief within a few days, maybe by Monday.
Bacterial sinusitis can sometimes take more time as it is a 'close-cavity' infection.
Do not worry, also take nasal decongestant drops 6 hourly to start with to be gradually reduced over time followed by steam inhalations. Also take multivitamins, PPI like Pantoprazole.

Hope for the best.